About Us 5181 Banner1 920x500 1

ABOUT US

PHAMBILI INTERFACE is the sole distributor for Southern Africa of:
Weidmuller, Pfannenberg, INTERFLEX,
Shrinktek, IBOCO and ALFRA.

Weidmuller or KLIPPON is a well-known brand in South Africa. For over 50 years Weidmuller has providedclass leading products to Southern African end users in the  field of industrial connectivity. Our core customers are consultants, panel builders, electrical, automation and system integrators.

PHAMBILI INTERFACE strives to provide our customers with the best product range, service and competitive prices across all our product ranges.

With PHAMBILI INTERFACE Quality is Key and we comply with ISO 9001:2015.
PHAMBILI INTERFACE is a Level Two Contributor to BEE (B-BBEE).

PHAMBILI INTERFACE can locally manufacture hazardous area junction boxes.

COMPANY HISTORY

Weidmuller started in South Africa as Klippon Electricals (Pty) Ltd in 1970, a subsidiary of the UK Company KLIPPON UK which was established by Weidmuller in 1959.

In 1991 Weidmuller formed a holding company and all subsidiaries were pulled in under Weidmuller Interface GmbH & Co in Germany. Klippon Electricals (Pty) Ltd thus remained a subsidiary, but reporting to Weidmuller Interface in Germany direct and went through a name change to Weidmuller (Pty) Ltd.

In 2000, following the appointment of Derrick Mulligan as Managing Director of the subsidiary in 1998, the South African subsidiary concluded a Management Buyout of the company from Weidmuller Germany. The company underwent a further name change to RAD Interface (Pty) Ltd and became the exclusive distributor for Weidmuller products in sub-Saharan Africa.

In 2005 the management of RAD Interface embarked on a transformation process in line with BEE in South Africa. It was decided that RAD Interface (Pty) Ltd will become a holding company for consolidation of all the companies that RAD shareholders own and a new Trading Company PHAMBILI Interface (Pty) Ltd was established with a 26% shareholding and voting rights vested in an employee’s trust for PDI employees and the other 74% shareholding held by RAD Interface (Pty) Ltd.

In September 2014 Phambili Interface was acquired as a growing concern by Bidvest Electrical (Voltex (Pty) Ltd Trading as Phambili Interface) and the company is a specialized division of the Voltex Group and trades as before with key accounts and customers including other divisions of the group as before. Phambili Interface
division remains the exclusive distributor for Weidmuller, Pfannenberg, Iboco, Interflex, Alfra and Shrinktek products in sub-Saharan Africa.